пʼятницю, 9 вересня 2011 р.

Autumn Anniversary. Bobby Horton - The Kennesaw Line

В мене аж кісткі звучать як чую цю пісню

"Kennesaw Line"
lyrics by Don Oja Dunaway

Well now I am just a simple man with no command of the written word
I can only try to tell y'all about the things that I've seen and heard
Won't you listen to this picture forever etched upon my mind
The day that storm broke loose just north of Marietta all along the Kennesaw line
The day that storm broke loose just north of Marietta all along the Kennesaw line

Well the sun rose high above us that morning on a clear and cloudless day
A peckerwood, he tapped on a tree that would soon be shot away
The heat blistered down through the leaves on the trees
The air seemed hot enough to catch fire
Heaven seemed to be made of brass
The sun rose higher and higher

And then everything got real still and quiet
My old mess mate, Walter Hood, he said,
"Them boys down there they're up to something
I know it just ain't no good"
Well it was then the storm broke, swept down on us, rumbling through the hills
Oh Walter sighed and he dropped his rifle
I heard him say something 'bout whippoorwills
He said, "Sammy, can't you hear 'em singing
Singing for you and me
Yes, and all the Maury Grays, Lord
Carry me back to Tennessee
God bless the First and the Twenty-seventh
The Grand Rock City Guard
Sammy, nobody every told me that dying would be this hard"

Історична довідка
http://www.ushistory.com/story_kline.htm
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Сражение_у_горы_Кеннесо

Найчудовіша людина у світі
http://bobbyhorton.com/music/

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар

Примітка: лише член цього блогу може опублікувати коментар.